Saturday, May 17, 2008

I know "cheessee" and loves his new stickers!

So today I cleaned the house hard core.. and well as you can see Isaac is kissing "Mr. Vacuum"...well the little one I usually use is not working so we had a long talk about how Mr. Vacuum helps mommy...as he cries and gets scared of it...yes i did vacuum when he was small..with mega vacuum..but now with hard woods I use little one...reg. size just not mega loud: anyhoot..trying to work on being nice to Mr. Vacuum to help mommy out!
CHEESE!!!
umm kiss!


Yesterday I worked on Isaac saying cheesee....to smile for pictures! well he sort of did at first and then really did!
Jennie-- especially and those expecting or have a toddler not potty trained yet! try it!

Then I have to tell you all a great thing to try when your child seems fit! Today I was thinking (for you Jennie) how am I going to feed a baby and then have to help Isaac get things, do things, get things for mom etc..well I won't be able to soo I'm starting to (by the Lord's lead not mine) see things like that. ..for instance today....I said , "Isaac could you get your wipes and a diaper from your room for me to change you..very wet"..he ran back to his room very proud..got the wipes and a sticker..humm where did you get that I thought...Then I heard him trying to open his drawers to climb up and reach the diapers..so I quickly darted to his room and got diaper for him at his level..as we walked down the hall with smiley face sticker and a diaper..I said.. ok Isaac I need you to lay down still for me and if you do as I change your diaper and are a big boy you can wear this sticker!! WEll it worked!!! 3 stickers later..I told him..ok now lay down without me having to get him, hold him down etc..he just layed down ready to be changed!! anyway..at least I know he can do it..if it happens again I will let you know. soo thankful for this..keep it up Isaac and thanks again to the Lord for that wisdom

4 comments:

Jennie said...

SO great! Such a big helper!!

The Tylers said...

Okay...Issac is soooo cute and it really does seem that the 2 of them (Issac and Thomas) have a lot in common...I guess most 21 month olds do have a lot in common! I am going to have to try some of your ideas. I know it is lame but sometimes i have to give Thomas a Tic-Tac to get him to hold still for diaper changes :)

carriedavis said...

totally have some Word Art inventory you could come see anytime! email me: davispictures@hotmail.com

thanks for the prayers...they mean more to me than you know. Blessings!

Crystal said...

wow! I can't believe how grown up Isaac is! You are such a great mom and so good at teaching him things. You will be great with 2!!