Tuesday, September 2, 2008

mommy's first day with the 2....

WOW it's been a whole week since I've updated...well we are getting better and easier adjusting until daddy threw a curve ball to me last night that he wanted to go in first thing in the am...(today) and be home by 2pm..well I am here to say it went oh....soo well seriously..all soo well! Even made a semi-schedule to go by..first look at a schedule and not a pattern...i wrote down Isaac's name.....with all the 30 min. times under his name and then Olivia-Ryan's name and all 3 things she does..eat, wake sleep......now to 3 hours..until another growth spurt..just got out of it!! whew wee!!

Pictures to come soon!! We celebrated Isaac's 2nd birthday this past Sunday with both sides of family...about 16 of us...a pretty big crew...at a time or two it was a little much for me but overall I held up great..never know with my emotions lately. I wanted to keep it very simple and sweet. Our special guests who we see maybe 2-4 times a year were my brother and his family and Isaac's cousins Jake, Luke and Eli...we all had a blast.

Would have updated yesterday but we were all sooo tired and beat..zombies!!
It's 9:47pm so i better get some rest and get ready for our feeding hopefully around 11pm....oh!! Olivia-Ryan slept last night...well she was fed at 10:15pm and didn't eat again and wake until 1:50am...Chris also feeds her at the last feeding of the night..hoping she will drink quite a bit of pumped yummy in a bottle and then sleep longer..she drank about 4 oz!! wowser!! at 3 weeks old...didn't throw any of it up.....sometimes I have Chris also do the first feeding in the am depending how tired I am around 5 or 5:30am.
We are working on 5am, 8am,11am,2pm,5pm,8pm,11pm....always changes but her day starts at 8am..so mommy can get up,shower, drink some coffee, play with Isaac some and then get her up..tried soo many times and these times work best..again....i give myself about 15-30min. grace....just helps me to have a schedule and all are adapting well..our family works better with than without...especially when they are babies and when they are toddlers like 2 ish (Isaac)weekends we relax quite a bit not on bed times so much but like..sleep in..., go to be about 30 min later..which is only 8ish for Isaac, eat a late breakfast and have lots of family time and relax..ok i need to get off this thing overtired...pictures to come...

2 comments:

The Tylers said...

Good luck with that schedule :) I am soooooo jealous that your hubby takes a feeding and that you are able to sleep a little. Sigh...As soon as we get this reflux in control, we might start to think about a schedule...until then, say a prayer for us :)

Unknown said...

OH my gosh! I totally had no idea that it was Isaac's bday, I am sooooo sorry!! we will absolutely make it up to that little guy!!