Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Isaac and Mommy special morning...

I have been very much trying to be intentional with Isaac for a while but really starting this week about special things to do together. here are a couple:
--thinking of doing/going somewhere in the car that takes over 2 hours b/c soon I will not have but about that much time with breastfeeding etc ..just with Isaac (really not going or doing much..just wanted to think about it)
--going to the library and getting a card for isaac to check out books/tapes/dvds..without another car seat to hold in my hand
--holding him tightly after he comes out of time out or mr. reminder...hugging him and him hugging me...swaying and singing worship songs to him (singing..Savior He can move a mtn., my God is mighty to save, He is mighty to Save..forever Author of Salvation..He rose and conquered the grave..Jesus conquered the grave
--things that would be hard to do with an infant (outside in the pool...well a monitor I will have while napping but still with just my eyes and ears focussed on him
--reading time
--along with everything goes scructure time, room time for 20 min. working hard on it this week...while I have a quiet time,email, laundry, read etc...he plays in his room indepently..we don't do pack in play anymore really unless I really need him to stay put...with timer on etc.
--look straight into his eyes while we pray and thank the Lord for him
--lastly...having him spray my hair in the am just as I spray my hair to get it curly and not frizzy..ha!
--oh! most important..Chris, Isaac and I pray every morning together as a family!! HUGE!!
thankful to have another one joining us in less than 3 weeks..soo grateful! All thanks be to HIM!!

I am not dilated at all yet with baby..feel like it though..lots of lower tense pain in abdomen area..Dr. Warner says to stay out of heat, lay low, do little as possible for less pain and contractions (which I continue to have quite a lot of) we will see if she waits til the 11th.....keep you posted. prego picture...ummmm need to do it soon. want to have that memory...

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I'm so excited for you guys! It sounds like you have some great ideas for Isaac time. Can't believe your time is coming so soon!