Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

First of all I am soo grateful for all the servicemen do and to honor them today is soo important!
Second..I got a ripe watermelon..always wanted to try and make a fruit type basket..well in Pampered Chef we have this great tool in the picture...that you can do melons with, double knife..for pumpkins also too!! anyhoot..i tried it and Chris helped me pull it apart.
ta -da...here it is..my first ever! not very even but it tasted wonderful!!!!
Couldn't do the 4th without Isaac..no shirt, with a flag...eatting cut up watermelon on our porch! soo fun!
For our day chris and I had a much much needed date day...dropped Isaac off with Grandma Brace, went to our fav. spot where we love to drive on breech inlet, got appetizers and shopped at Target! loved it! great hubby that knows when mommy needs to be taken out of her role..and be bride! then even better after appetizers at 4pm..we grilled out chicken, roasted veggies and with small potatoes grilled...so yumo and watched fireworks all after 8pm..another great date time! loved it..one of my fav. days with chris..date days!

No comments: